Wednesday, May 2, 2007

eyebrows.

I love, love, love to get my eyebrows waxed. I leave feeling clean {not a stray brow to be found} and I'll be honest, I like to check out my sculpted brows in the mirror all day long. My waxer {is that a word?} always puts some shiny gloss afterwards too and it makes me feel pretty.

I wouldn't say that I necessarily have bushy brows, but I do have dark one's and the strays are noticeable. To me, at least. My husband swears that he doesn't notice them, but he always says they look good after a wax. So? I think he might notice a little. Hehe.

So, I realize I am way behind the times. Threading has been around for ages {literally} and I have yet to try it. I think I'm going to though. Here is my {top three} reasoning:

1. Expense. It's got to be number 1, but I hear that threading can actually be less expensive than waxing and lasts longer. A-Mazing.
2. Pain. I hear that you feel tugging and slight pulling, but nothing worse {actually better} than plucking.
3. No plucking involved. I hate to pluck. Period.

I'll report upon return from my local threader {once I find one in my area}.

9 comments:

  1. I've only gotten my eyebrows waxed once. Can you believe it? I'm a committed plucker though. I probably should "invest" in a frequent eyebrow trim though. Can you get that done as well??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to get my eyebrows waxed (even though they are pale) but it made my skin breakout- yuck. Now I just have to be good at plucking. I can't wait to hear about the threading once you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Missy,
    You know I would suggest that you find an Indian (from India) female who does threading at her home and I am sure you will find many in San Diego. These females are really good at threading eyebrows and very quick too. If you have any friends from India then call them and they will be able to suggest you a name. Hope this helps. threading is definitely better than waxing your eyebrows so I have heard from all my friends who get it done regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I am must be REALLY behind the times, as I have never heard of threading... please enlighten my poor old soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip zobars. I will definitley check the Indian threaders FIRST. A girl I used to work with is from India so I'll have to email her.

    Abi-g, threading was first started in India long ago. The threader actually takes a cotton thread and forms loops through your eyebrow to shape your brow. She pulls the thread and out come all the out of line hairs! Wah-la and you have a perfectly shaped brow without any red marks.

    Heidi, I understand about the breakout. My skin doesn't seem to have a problem, but I know plenty of people do. I will let you know how it goes and maybe you'll try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had never heard of threading either. Please let us know how it goes. I'm intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Missy,
    Just to give you an idea that threading should not cost you more than 10-12 dollars so when you call someone about it ask how much they charge. This is the rate going on in our area atleast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE getting my eyebrows waxed too. Whenever I do, I am always singing in my head, "I feel pretty, oh so pretty..." HOW can waxed eyebrows do this!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I lived in NYC, I got my eyebrows threaded. It was like art watching her do this thing with such fine thread. The way she moved it was amazing. So, my eyebrows were perfect afterwards. It gets them P-E-R-F-E-C-T. I did break our afterwards (bad) but I think it was from the oil they put on me afterwards. If nothing, its a fun experiment! The going rate in NYC is $25.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...