Monday, May 28, 2007

hide & {seek}



I like bags, of all sorts really. But, with my commute from NYC to Greenwich, I tend to like them bigger & a bit more casual. I just bought the Le Sport Sac sling bag on the right & think that it is fun {and perfect for when I need free hands}. The Longchamp bag on the left is my absolute favorite. I have it in two different sizes {and colors} and tend to neglect my other bags in favor of this carry-all. It is among the most versatile I have found and fulfills all of my requirements for a perfect bag- That is, can look professional, and is able to fit a water bottle, book, cell phone, blackberry, wallet & camera. Even better- I can squeeze in a sweater or light jacket. Obvious conclusion- I prefer my bags large{er}. I'm sure most moms feel the same way.

The problem is- I carry a lot of small things with me, too, and small things + big bag = a lot of time rummaging through trying to find it. My solution has been a lifesaver since I discovered it over 2 years ago.

Meet the Le Sport Sac zip cosmetic pouch. I keep it in whatever purse I am carrying. It is small enough that it fits in all of my bags, but big enough that it fits those things that I want to carry with me every day, but don't necessarily want to use a flashlight to find. It allows me to find things quickly and easily. My goals of organization and cleanliness go beyond my apartment- I like my purse to be in order, too. I like to be prepared. A few of the things I keep in my pouch, just in case:
  • An extra elastic hair tie {or two}
  • A few band aids {especially for the blisters that are sometimes inevitable on long walks in the city}
  • Mini bottle of hand sanitizer to de-germ after riding the subway, etc.
  • Tampon, just in case
  • My favorite lip gloss, so I can look more put-together in 15 seconds
  • A Tide to Go pen {I always have trouble with white shirts & berries for some reason}
  • A small pill box with one of each: allergy pill, Tylenol, and Pepto. Perfect for hay fever, an afternoon headache, or a suddenly not-happy stomach after a night out
  • Safety pin

Two additional bags that can hold it all- whether it be diapers or books.


This Banana Republic Hobo bag is on my wish list.


Wishful Thinking Tote from Anthropologie.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the bag tips Kathryn! I love the idea of keeping a tiny bag in the big bag filled with those "emergency essentials" - I'll have to go through mine again this week and add/take out some things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathryn, the Banana outlet right by my house has your bag (on the wish list) for half off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn, the mini pouch really is a great idea! And great choices on the bags. I'm looking for one for my birthday. I've been eyeing the new Banana line too and have liked Hobo bags (www.hobobags.com) since I've purchased {and LOVED!} one of their wallets. I'll have to talk to soon to get more ideas though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...