Monday, May 7, 2007

raspberry s'mores.



I saw these and felt the "have to have it" craving. These look delicious! It's amazing what a slight variation of a classic {recipe} can do!

8 graham crackers
32 large marshmallows, cut in half
2 1.5-ounce chocolate bars (such as Hershey's)
1 cup fresh raspberries


Adjust rack to middle position and heat broiler or toaster oven. Break the crackers in half to form squares and place on a baking sheet. Arrange 4 marshmallow halves on top of each square. Broil for 30 to 60 seconds or until the marshmallows are golden brown. Break each chocolate bar into 12 pieces. Arrange the chocolate and raspberries on top of half the crackers. Invert the remaining marshmallow-topped crackers onto the raspberry-and-chocolate-topped crackers, pressing gently to make sandwiches. Stack them, if desired.

For more deluxe s'mores, use high-quality chocolate, like Scharffen Berger or Valrhona. {And I like substituting the graham crackers with oatmeal cookies...or something similar. }

{Real Simple, 2005}

5 comments:

  1. Wow I have that same "have to have" sensation seeing this! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli, these look so good. I will definitely be serving these as "dessert" later in the week. Yums.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look amazing! I'll have to get the goods next time I'm in the US shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Acutally Lindsey..they are so much better with Cadburry chocolate and Digestive biscuits! The marshmallow part might me a little tricky, but I have found flavored/colored mallows before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love raspberries will try it this weekend itself. Mouth watering pic

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...