Wednesday, June 6, 2007

cloth {napkins}

I switched to cloth napkins about two months ago. In an effort to "go green" along with "doing my part" I stopped buying paper towels and napkins and headed to my local Crate and Barrell.

Oh the joy...I never knew napkins could be so fun. They spice up the dinner table {without hurting your tastebuds}. Another design piece for the home. And really, I do laundry several times a week so what is it to toss in a few more napkins to the load?

I actually went to a CB outlet where I bought cloth napkins for $1.50/each. But, there is fun to be had when shopping online too. Mix and Match. Patterns and Solids. Floral and Dots.


Crate and Barrell {funky}

Pottery Barn {classic}




CB2 {simple}




Crate and Barrell {dessert!}

And really if you are a seamstress, you could make them yourself with your own fun fabrics such as these.
Not to mention, the fun one could have using napkin rings throughout all the holidays and seasons...

4 comments:

  1. I like that some have these have the look of paper napkins....even though i love "going green" products, i am still a paper addict...i just can't help myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missy, what did you replace your paper towels with? Mike and I both have issues with rags. They get icky and smelly too quickly- Any ideas?

    I love the C&B napkins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn, just replace your rags (almost) every time you use them. Maybe that's a little much..but I go through a couple a day. That way, it's clean, I wash them next time I'm doing laundry, and we're saving the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use dish towels. Is that what you are meaning by rags? Even if you just cut down the amount of paper towels?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...