Wednesday, June 27, 2007

zid zid kids

I first fell in love with the Zid Zid Kids Moroccan leather moccasins. They're a must-have for my daughter {see photo below, don't you agree?}.


Then I found this online interview {via Sprig} with the owners/designers of Zid Zid kids {American Julie Klear married to Moroccan Moulay Essakalli}. Some of my favorite excerpts from the interview below:

Q: What does Zid Zid mean?
A: Zid Zid means Let's go, let's go, kids in Moroccan.

Q: Some people say that it's not a good idea to buy something very nice for a child because they're just going to grow out of it. How would you counter that?
A: We like to think we make products that can be passed on from one generation to another. So the issue is not about making something disposable that a kid is going to grow out of, but making a product that can last many, many years.

Q: What does Green mean to you?
A: Having been raised in a country that takes its resources very, very seriously, I feel that green is a lifestyle. It is a lifestyle based on values that I feel responsible to pass on to my children. Our kids, at the age of two or three, know that running water as you brush your teeth is not necessary and is a waste.

{image via drool.icio.us}

1 comment:

  1. I love knowing a company. This makes me appreciate zid zid even more. Did Avery ever get the shoes? I want some too! (Really, really love them.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...