Tuesday, June 12, 2007

giddy giddy + kukunest

Readers, I want you to meet Teri Dimalanta {pictured below}. She is an ex-investment analyst turned craft-aholic after becoming a mom. A mom to the two darling girls pictured below. She is the brains behind Giddy Giddy hair clips and Kukunest bedding.

These super cute, 100% handmade clips are my favorite. I've bought quite a few since Avery was born. Ave came with lots of fine black hair. Giddy Giddy clips stayed in! Then at around four months, her hair started to shed, resulting in a small mohawk. Giddy Giddy stayed in then too! And now that the hair has grown back in full form, Giddy Giddy clips are perfect for keeping the hair out of her eyes {and staying in!}.

Designs come in Flowers, Food and Animals. The snap clip is sewn inside the fabric resulting in safety and comfort for your baby's head. I couldn't narrow my favorites, but here are some.

Sidenote: could the name Giddy Giddy get any cuter?

Teri recently launched her newest venture. Kukunest Bedding. And while I love my one year old and everything this stage has to come with, Kukunest makes me very excited for a "big girl bed." My personal favorite is Around the World. Little girls flying in hot air ballons? How much more fun could that get?

But, the boyish sets are simply put, cool. Check out the Intergalactic. Ok, the Deep Sea is kickin' too.

Colorful + Fun + Stylish. Best combination.

One more sidenote: Click on Kukunest and you'll see a girl wearing a Giddy Giddy clip as a necklace. Vary the uses for hair clips - genius.

22 comments:

  1. I wish I had a girl so I could get those cute clips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 3 little girls who love to have their hair done.. We so need this. You can never have enought hair clips..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the strawberry clip the very most. :) They would make perfect (and sweet) gifts for my neices...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like the orange flower the best but its hard to choose,they are all so cute! I love the around the world bedding!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flowers...my niece would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blue whale clip, so cute. My niece would look darling in any of these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the post. My favorite is the teal bird- it would look so darling in my Julia's hair- when she gets some more of it that is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these are so cute! My favorite is the dark pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A is for adorable! I love the giddy giddy collection. So hard to choose, but my faves are probably of the animals: flopsy, birds, cluck; and of the food: cherries, watermelon, and mint chocolate; and of the flowers: the little vine-like ones.

    Darling! I'll be wearing these until my little lady gets hair of her own!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My oh My ! is all I can say about these cute creations. I absolutely love the ladybug and the penguin clips and I love the intergalactic and around the world bedding from kukunest too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Watermelon clip is for sure a fave. I love the lantern bedding, too! Darling stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness! How sweet are these? Roo could certainly use these to keep her crazy hair in check. My favorite giddy giddy clips are the panda and cupcakes. (Or the popsicles, since it's hot outside...)

    I like the Lantern Festival and Deep Sea bedding on Kukunest a lot, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are adorable!!! I checked out the website and absolutely love the Floppsy bunny and pink cupcake clips!!!
    Thanks for everything,
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these!! The ice cream cone clip is the perfect summer treat :) The bedding is beautiful as well. Thanks so much for the links, girls!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Probably the most original clips I have ever seen! So Cute! My Addie has plenty of wild hair that needs keeping! My favorite is the teal bird! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like the teal bird and the cupcake. The teal bird is so dang cute. The cupcake would be perfect for Sofias 1st birthday in 3 months! They are all so hip and cool. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. "I LOVE the blue whale!" says my 3 year old daughter...have to agree it is my favorite too. My daughter tends to be very picky about her hair accessories and she would be so excited to wear these. Great link!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely adore the dark pink flower... actually I LOVE them all! I think that Lantern Festival bedding is so cheeky and fun! I have 3 girls here, so all this fun girly stuffy makes me "giddygiddy!"

    ReplyDelete
  19. my girls love to wear clips. i love the cute designs. my favourite pick is the watermellon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The full range of Kukunest bedding is amazing -- and I'm so glad to get a little more insight into the life behind one of the Kukunest designers! The Lantern Festival is my true favorite! I LOVE the bright red -- so traditional for kids bedding -- and the contemporary style with clean lines is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That was supposed to say that the red was UNTRADITIONAL for kids bedding -- The bold red is one of the things I love about the Lantern Festival bedding!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...