Friday, April 20, 2007

Quick and Easy

My Cooking Lite magazine arrived while I was on vacation. I perused it last night before going to bed and found some recipes that look equally tasty and easy to make. This is a twist on regular chicken salad sandwich. Pair with Kettle chips and pink lemonade and you are set for a summer meal.

Pineapple Chicken Salad Pitas
2 1/2 cups chopped organic chicken breast
1/2 cup matchstick-cut carrots
1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
1/3 cup plain yogurt
1 TB Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/3 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple in juice drained
4 (6 inch) whole wheat pitas, each cut in half
8 Romaine lettuce leaves

Combine first 11 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well. Line each pita half with 1 lettuce leaf; fill each half with 1/3 cup chicken mixture.

Yield: 4 servings (2 stuffed pita halves each)

2 comments:

  1. yummy! This looks so good. I'll have to try it. I love anything with pineapple too. And lemonade. love lemonade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound yummy I want to make it today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...