Monday, April 9, 2007

modern cribs


*Photo is the DucDuc crib, seen here

I'm borderline obsessed with the look and design of modern cribs. I love them and perused sites endlessly when we were looking to purchase one a year ago. Sadly, we couldn't afford the pricetag of Netto, Offi, Argington or Nurseryworks. That doesn't mean I haven't stopped looking at them though. I can't get enough. The shape, drawers, colors all draw me in and I can never choose which one I would actually like best. They are all so unique and offer a distinct style for your baby's room. My husband has to listen to me talk about it all the time. Someday, maybe.

I waited for someone {Target?} to come out with a cheaper version of the modern-day crib at a more affordable price. I never found one. Ikea showcases this one, but the low price actually makes me question the product {and I don't like it}. Then, a couple months ago I found this one. Wal-Mart. Who would've guessed? Not I. I'm not a huge fan of the slats on the white sides, but it's definitely headed in the right direction, I think. In fact, the whole room looks very chic and well put together if I can say. You can view the whole collection here {dresser, changing table, crib}.

I'm not changing my nursery anytime soon. And I still gawk at the cribs here on Design Public {they carry every brand of modern crib available} but for others looking for the simple look without the hefty price tag, I'd venture a guess to start at Wal-Mart.

2 comments:

  1. Wal-mart? I never would've guessed either. I think the collection looks really great and like you said, headed in the right direction.

    I love that you're so in the know with modern cribs! I've seen some I love, but the yea, the price tag is way out of my league. If Wal-mart is selling them, it's only a matter of time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not into modern cribs as much as you are, Miss...but there are some AMAZING designs out there! And modern is very you and I can't wait until you find the perfect one. (very cool that WalMart is in the game now. there should be a less expensive selection for options other than traditional..)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...