Wednesday, August 8, 2007

the first 1000 days.

I have recorded all of Cole's firsts in a personal blog. I'm in the process of printing that blog into a hardbound book so I have a physical record of everything that has been new to both of us over the last year and a half. Something I know I will never get tired of going back to. Over and over again!

When I do it the second time {baby #2}, I would love to journal it. There is something about handwritten memories that just captures the moment even that much better. And I can't think of a better forum than Nikki McClure's baby journal: The First 1000 Days.



Artist Nikki McClure is known for her painstakingly intricate and beautiful paper cuts. Armed with an X-acto knife, she cuts out her images from a single sheet of paper and creates a bold language that translates the complex poetry of motherhood, nature, and activism into a simple and endearing picture.

Yes please! Doesn't it sound beautiful! This journal is modeled after a journal she started for her own son, Finn. "..Celebrating the first 1,000 days of life, from the story of birth to jumping into her first mud puddle." Complete with detailed illustrations and a special focus on nature and the world it opens to the superstar, it is the baby book I've been wanting. I'm now anxious to own it.

3 comments:

  1. What source are you using to print that book out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm using Blurb but I have a ways to go!! I started doing the page layouts on my old computer and then it crashed so I had to start over. (I was almost to page 100.) I've liked it so far and the prices look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this book. What a great topping to a baby shower gift too. Or just one for yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...