Thursday, August 2, 2007

recipe from martha.


We had a this tonight. I replaced the cream with vanilla ice cream. Strawberries and {ice} cream has been my favorite dessert since I studied in London. My dad came to visit while I was there and it became our nightly treat.

My favorite part is the mint leaves though. Such a classic touch.

Strawberries with Mint Whipped Cream
1/4 cup sugar
2 packed cups fresh mint leaves and stems, coarsely chopped, plus sprigs for garnish
1 cup heavy cream
1 quart strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Missy. I can't get enough of the fresh berries. (We currently have the raspberries and blueberries in the fridge..) This sounds deliciuos. Ice cream makes everything better, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was delicious, I made it tonight for dessert - along with the tortelloni salad. yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks fabulous. we may have to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...