Sunday, August 12, 2007

chocolate chip cookies.

Does anybody have a truly favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe? Maybe my baking skills need some fine tuning or possibly I'm just a pick-cookie-eater. Either way, I'm officially on the search for the best chocolate chip cookie recipe of all time.

My friend Lillie swears by the recipe below. I'll be baking and tasting this week. Maybe you will want to too? We have a 2:30 cookie time at our house. We both get a cookie and glass of our favorite milk to "dunk" it in. Yum.

Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 c. oats ground up (I use little food processor)
1 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. butter softened
1/4 c. canola oil
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 egg1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. chocolate chips

Beat butter until fluffy, mix in wet, mix in dry. Stir in choc. chips.Bake at 350' for 8-11 min ( I think I do about 9).

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. here's my secret. shhhh.. for 9 years I have been using the ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips in the gold package. I follow the recipe exactly - using good flour and real butter and sugar....and even the dough tastes heavenly. people love the cookies and I've even sold some to a friend who insisted I accept money for them. No one can believe it's simply the ghiradelli recipe...so I just tell them it's my secret!

    I think the key is semi-sweet not just chocolate chips. If you try it and it works, can you let me know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ghiradelli brownie recipe on their sweet ground cocoa powder is fail-proof, too! Everyone in my family swears I am the best baker but it's really just the awesome Ghiradelli chocolate... yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know Sunny! I will definitely be attempting our cookie recipe too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tried out the recipe because I love substituting whole wheat. Soft and sensational! I even let the toddler indulge. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...