Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Duck on a Bike.


This week's favorite book in our house: Duck on a Bike by David Shannon. A zany duck makes for a silly story about riding his (borrowed) red bike past horse, cow, pigs, mouse, goat, sheep, cat, dog and chicken.
Shannon serves up a sunny blend of humor and action in this delightful tale of a Duck who spies a red bicycle one day and gets "a wild idea." Sure enough, in no time flat, he's tooling around the farmyard. A succession of his barnyard friends greet him politely enough, but their private responses range from scornful ("That's the silliest thing I've ever seen," from Cow) to boastful ("You're still not as fast as me," from Horse) to wistful ("I wish I could ride a bike just like Duck," from Mouse). --Publishers Weekly
Animals and their sounds are always a hit with Cole. You can buy it here.

4 comments:

  1. I'm always on the hunt for good children's book! Thanks for the great recommendation Kelli.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David Shannon is great. His No, David series are great too. My daughter loves all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love this book! It is a true hit in our house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is one of my favorite kid books, I don't even mind reading it 20 times in a row!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...