Tuesday, July 3, 2007

weeride bicycle seat

My husband and I took our daughter to the beach on Sunday, just to walk the boardwalk and cool down for the evening. I saw another family doing the same, but they were riding cruisers. The mom rode with her daughter between her legs on a WeeRide.


Not only do I want one, but it made me comfortable + confident in riding with my fifteen month old. With the WeeRide you can talk, point things out and see them compared to the bike seats attached to the back of the bike.

3 comments:

  1. we have a baby seat on the back of the bike and the whole balance issue always makes me pretty nervous. I really like this option. I wonder how easy it is to steer with the baby in front of you. And it would look so cool on a brand new cruiser bike! I have SO many things on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have twin 15 mos old babies, and after doing some research and reading articles, we have decided to wait until they are at least two years old to put them on a bicyle with us or use a trailer. There is an excellent article about helmets, babies, bikes, and safety at the following link:
    http://www.helmets.org/little1s.htm

    As the article explains, there is a reason they don't make helmets so small and how more than 1/3 of bike accidents using the carrier seats is because the bicyle tips over. The article also addresses the use of trailers and how bumpy and rough the ride is in the trailer (plus some of them tip over easily).

    We're looking forward to the day we can go on bike rides, but it seems worth waiting a little longer to put the "tike on the bike."

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...