Monday, July 2, 2007

sugar. cookies.

There's a reason the name of the cookie is sugar cookie. But, given the right kind of sugar cookie and I'm in a sugary heaven. I like them soft. I like them chewy. And I like homemade frosting.

They're the perfect dessert to take along to your 4th of July get together. Prepare the cookie and top with white frosting. Add some red + blue "bling" with sprinkles and you're a guaranteed invite for the next holiday party.

Sugar Cookies
1 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 c. sour cream {key ingredient to soft sugar cookies}
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
5 c. flour

Cream butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add sour cream, then the dry ingredients. Roll out, cut, bake, and eat! Bake at 375 for 7-8 minutes.

Let cookies cool before frosting...

4 comments:

  1. Where is this recipe from? I love how everyone does sugar cookies a little differently... like lasagna; everyone has a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this same recipe (from an old college roommate's mom) and they are delicious--the sour cream really is the key!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound divine, but do you have a good frosting recipe, too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always in search of the yummiest sugar cookie recipe. This looks like it may be it. I can't wait to try them.

    I'd love a good frosting recipe to go with them as well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...