Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Yummy Soup!

I am a big soup person. I made this chicken tortilla soup for lunch today. It's so easy and so good.

3 chicken breasts cut in cubes and cooked (sometimes I only use two)
2 cans of chicken broth
2-3 cans water
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1/4 C fresh chopped cilantro (sometimes I don't have this and it still good without cilantro)
3 Roma tomatoes diced or 1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can of corn (drain water)

Boil togther for 15 minutes

I love adding diced avocado and squeezing fresh lime juice. I'm going to try adding some cooked brown rice next time.

You can also add broken tortilla chips and cheese if you wish.

I love it because it lasts for a couple days.

1 comment:

  1. I love tortilla soup. I haven't had it in a long time, but I'll have to make it again.

    Sundance in Utah makes a great one wtih avocado and lime on it. The white cheddar cheese on it gives it an extra kick too. Yums.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...