Friday, December 21, 2007

handmade portugal.


This house tour is incredible. There is nothing I want more for my future dream home than color! Graca Paz, the owner and bold decorator of this small Portugal home, says it simply: "I'm passionate about how color plays with mood." She understands that "not everybody likes this type of house," but I'm definitely among that 80% loves it.

I'm thrilled to hear her advice,
"Never buy a complete set of bedroom furniture, never! I hate furniture sets where the bed combines with the wardrobe and table, and the curtains have the same flower as the bed pillows. Ahh... Things must start slowly so your house can grow with you."
Eclectic is beautiful and gives those of us {me} who can't furnish an entire house all at the same time.. hope. Better yet, Graca has an etsy shop of beautiful handmade accessories. This is the place to get started on the road to color.





{via Cookie Mag}

3 comments:

  1. love all the color! and the advice to never buy "matching" furniture. how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelli, that house is seriously amazing! i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true about not buying matching furniture! I never have either and the furniture I buy for cheap, I can paint to match what I already have and it has this rustic feel. LOVE your advice and LOVE the house!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...