Monday, December 3, 2007

presenting...



I was inspired by this handmade pledge for the upcoming holiday season. It's encouraging to see the buttons pasted throughout the blog-o-sphere, knowing that people really are trying to be good to people as well as the environment. In the words of the creators of buyhandmade{dot}org,
"The giver of handmade gifts has avoided the parking lots and long lines of the big chain stores in favor of something more meaningful. If the giver has purchased the gift, s/he feels the satisfaction of supporting an artist or crafter directly. The recipient of the handmade gift receives something that is one-of-a-kind, and made with care and attention that can be seen and touched. It is the result of skill and craftsmanship that is absent in the world of large-scale manufacturing."
I like this idea. But in my own search for all things quality handmade {which I mark refreshing and positively lovely}, I have found myself a bit exhausted. From this came my idea to make doing good easy. I'm excited to launch Tangled and True's first handmade fair: the modern, simple, pretty and organic of handmade... all in one place. {Shopping for the best sans lines, strollers, or endless browsing. Tangled and True style.}

Be sure to have a look. Browse the virtual storefronts of the companies that only carry the best, many of which are offering holiday discounts to you, the lovely Tangled and True readers. Maybe you're in a hurry? or on a mission? To make it even easier, all companies are organized according to category in the sidebar. {Head straight to "bedding" and ta da- mission accomplished.}

We're starting small, but rest assured that each company holds to Tangled and True's style and standard {quality and cool}. And every company owner is someone I'm thrilled to support. Enjoy the fair. And cheers to the handmade holidays!

-kelli and lindsey (my lovely sister)

3 comments:

  1. We are thrilled to be a part of your handmade fair! Thanks t+t for supporting all things handmade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a great idea. I love all things handmade and I love tangled and true! Great job Kelli and Lindsey...I can't wait to check out the fair.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...