Monday, December 31, 2007

button magnets.

As you know, I really like the idea of handmade. And crafting. I want to spend more time doing that. So I started searching through the go to website for all things creative and crafty and found several projects (easy starter projects) that I'm excited to start on sometime soon.




First, button magnets: Years after that shirt has gone out of style, the buttons often remain fashionable. Here's a way to get them out of the button box and into view. Look through your stash for charming old buttons (if you don't have any, start perusing flea markets and garage sales) to turn into kitchen magnets. Just hot-glue a button to a small magnet, and it's ready for the fridge, where it will give new meaning to the phrase "cute as a button."

5 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! I am always looking for new magnets and they are just never right. Homemade and suited to my taste--thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am LOVING this! way to go martha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a good idea - kinda like how stylish can my fridge be - I love the thought of what other ideas it could bring on too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the magnets-what a great idea on how to use those buttons that never get sewn!
    Thanks-Amber Wardell

    ReplyDelete
  5. we do this in my church for the little kids and they love them

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...