Monday, December 15, 2008

cookie extravaganza.

Every year during the first weekend of December you can find me up to my eyeballs in cookies. It's an annual event, it's exciting, competitive, creative, the perfect way to start the season.
 

The decorations are festive and add just the right ambiance.


The presentations of the cookies incredible.


The categories you can win? Best tasting chocolate cookie, best tasting non-chocolate cookie, the best presentation and the best recipe card.


The prizes, worth every hour spent planning, baking and executing.


We eat, and visit, vote and celebrate the holiday season


With Family and friends (some old, some new)



and in the end we go home with a box of the best Christmas cookies around!



It's one of my favorite holiday traditions, what are some of yours??


photo credits: Modern Day Photography
event credits: Laurie, Chelsea and Sis... You're amazing!

5 comments:

  1. This is a new tradition of mine as well! My cookie party was yesterday and it was a sweet hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany, I can't believe I haven't visited your blog before. I just found it through Vanessa and LOVE your ideas. I think this cookie extravaganza is a terrific (and fun) tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this same idea on TV yesterday afternoon. It was a special featuring a few HGTV designers and their favorite traditions around the holidays. One designer has an annual cookie party where there are two rules: each guest brings a dozen cookies and each guest must leave with a dozen cookies. The host hands out paper bags at the end of the evening for guests to take home their favorite 12 cookies. I thought it was such a fun idea for a party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE to start this tradition! What cookie did you bring?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Vanessa brought me over to your blog. Love it and of course I love cookies. Who doesn't?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...