Thursday, April 10, 2008

papers' edge.

Art is something I've always struggled with. I spend so much time analyzing whether or not it will work in my home that by the time I come to a decision it's no longer available. I have never had art in the girls rooms simply because I worried my taste would change before I had gotten the value out of the artwork I purchased. That is no longer the case.



Emily King has recently started Papers' Edge. I am so excited about her new company. It is clean, modern and tailored to your child. Meaning: it will never go out of style because it is all about them! I sent her a picture of Stella, told her some things that Stella loves and in no time I had an original, one of a kind piece of art that was all Stella. To me this kind of art is priceless.

Emily received a BFA from the University of Utah in painting and drawing. She has spent the majority of her time painting until recently when she found the lack of modern affordable children's art sent her to her studio. After several sessions she developed her imaginative paper cuts.
My design aesthetic is mostly modern but I love things with a history as well. I believe that good design doesn't have to be expensive and that surrounding yourself in it makes your life more rich and allows creativity and innovation to flow into all areas of your life and to people that are in it. I am a firm believer in the statement that "art imitates life" and is one of the most important forms of history and expression that we have to pass on to our children. I believe surrounding our children with creativity is healing and inspires that and development at every age.
I believe Emily has captured something brilliant in her modern paper cut images. She combines creativity, childhood and that sense of history she enjoys. I know that Stella's picture is something I will hold onto forever, a small memento of who she is today, unless of course she wants to take it with her when she's all grown up, but even then she may have to fight me for it.

Through the month of April, Emily is offering all Tangled and True readers 10% off purchase. The finished size is 8x8 inches. Each picture comes hand signed in a protective seal. The following information is gathered to personalize your child/baby's image.
*name
*hair & skin color
*a few favorite things
*colors of room

Cut Paper Images can be ordered through Papers' Edge blog or by emailing Emily at papersedge@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. I just love the simple images...and will be placing an order for sure. These are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! I have seen some in person and they are even cuter, if that is possible. Such a great idea for children's art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These are so neat! I haven't ever seen anything like them and to have them personalized... so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just recieved my paper cuts- I ordered one for me and one as a baby shower gift-- they are TO DIE FOR!! I can't wait to get them framed! Thank you Emily, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing!! Just ordered one and can't wait to get it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...