Thursday, September 11, 2008

Three Good Baby Items for Apartment Dwellers

1. Svan High Chair
Like most city dwellers, space in our apartment is a precious commodity. So when we were choosing a high chair we wanted to find the smallest, most discreet option. I researched several high chairs finally decided on the Svan. Most importantly because of it's small footprint, and second because it has a tray, and finally because of its modern and discreet aesthetic. It is the size of a kitchen chair and blends in with the kitchen. Before we ponied up cash for a new one at the store I kept my eye on Craigslist for a few weeks. There is so much turn over with good quality baby gear that you can almost get anything you want for 50-75% off.

2. Bugaboo Bee
We avoided buying a stroller for the first four months and we didn't miss it once. Everyone I know who has a normal sized (large) stroller, also has a smaller umbrella stroller. The big ones are cushy but so big, alternately the small ones are lightweight but lack in the perks. The Bee is a happy medium between the two. It is a smooth ride but folds up so neat and small it fits in the corner of my bedroom. We've been so happy with it, we haven't needed to buy another one. We couldn't find one on Craigslist but we picked up the floor model at Giggle for a sizable discount.

3. Apartment Crib
My sister (Design Mom) convinced me I didn't need a regular size crib. She let me in on a little secret: a small crib is more than enough room for the first few years. We got this simple metal hotel crib and have loved it. It takes up very little space and I love the simple clean lines.



Jordan blogs everyday over at Oh Happy Day

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jordan. We are expecting baby #2, and want to do so many things differently. I love the crib...does it use regular crib sheets?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are guest blogging here cause it led me to a great new blog to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It uses portable crib size sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love craigslist!! We have found so many things on there for our baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great advice, I wonder if the bee is available in australia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...