Monday, September 8, 2008

monkey beanz.

One of the best parts of what I do is meeting new people and hearing their story. Everyone has a story. Everyone comes from a different background and everyone is where they are today for different reasons. Monkey Beanz is no exception and I love their story.

A husband and wife team that started in Thailand where he was a native and she was teaching English. They had their first baby there and when she was about 18 months old made the difficult decision to move back to the states. They didn't want to lose their connection to Thailand so before leaving they began laying the groundwork for Monkey Beanz.


Monkey Beanz is a fair trade focused importer of incredible products from Thailand. The pair work together to design the clothing, choosing all the patterns and colors. The clothes are produced by a group of seamstress's in Bee's (the husband) home village! I must say the clothes are remarkable. The designs fresh and fun, the fabrics soft and a little vintage, just how I like them.


Their soft toys are produced locally in Thailand as well. They are all cut, stitched and embroidered by hand creating a quality, safe product for your family.

I love that Monkey Beanz was created as a tie between two cultures, and I love that their products embrace everything in childhood, encouraging kids to think and dream and to be their own individual.

3 comments:

  1. That dress is to-die-for cute! They didn't have the sizes I need but I bookmarked them for the future when they are hopefully better stocked. Great goods!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story! I LOVE that the toys are hand made.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...