Friday, June 20, 2008

summer.


This summer, my husband and I decided that we were going to take advantage of living here in Utah.   Usually I am complaining to him that we don't live in a city with lots going on.  So the other day when I got an email to go to a Brian Kershisnik open house about an hour and a half away, I told Ethan we couldn't miss it.  Little did I know how cool it would be.  We got there and we were the only ones there.  Just us and Brian.  It was awesome.  He let us walk around his studio and check out everything he is working on.  He was so nice to talk to and his studio was inspiring.  I'm so glad we decided to go.
Here are my ideas for something to do when you think there is nothing to do:
1.  Check your local library for author readings and events.  Usually they have lots going on for children in the summer too.
2.  Get out and enjoy the fresh air.  Click here for ideas of where to go
3.  Sign up for your favorites authors/artists' email list, then you'll know when they are in town
4.  Check your town or nearby towns for summer fun festivals.  I know around here there are rodeos, carnivals and fireworks almost every other weekend in the summer.
5.  Go pick your own fruit.  My kids love picking strawberries from our small garden, I know they would love a huge field to pick from.  Find a farm here
thanks for having me here for a few days!  

~nat

PS. To those who commented about the apron in my baking post, the lovely Brittany made it for my birthday.  The pattern can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. You know what Natalie, you're right...there really is a lot to do around here, and kids don't really require much. Every day this week, we've been going on a 3 mile walk/bike ride first thing in the morning. I walk...pushing the stroller, they ride. It's a GREAT way to start the day and doesn't cost a darn thing. Loved all your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh there is tons to do in Utah ;) It does take awhile to figure it all out though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...