Monday, October 5, 2009

a little about me

Hello, my name is Julie Martin and I will be your guest blogger this week. First let me start off with a little about me. I am wife to Ryan, mommy to Taylor 13, Anna 8, Emily 6, and Drew 3. I am a SAHM and do a little photography on the side.


I love, love the creative world and indulge in it often! For a quick fix the best way is via internet while sipping tea during a mini break from the many tasks I have to accomplish during the day. I have tried to not take on a lot just to keep my life more simplified, but I have always had a huge desire and need to create. It is such a part of who I am that I feel like a part of me is missing if I am not creating. So aside from loving to look at all the creative stuff people have created, I too must be that person! It makes me giddy just thinking about color, textures, photo shoots, great recipes..the list goes on and on! The balance between a simple life and a creative life is something I will always be trying to figure out, but all I can do is try my best each day to accomplish just that.


I thought I would start off by showing you some pictures of my family. Even though I have learned how to technically take a "perfect" picture, meaning depth of field, rule of thirds, correct exposure...I also love the pictures that I find on my i phone. They are by no means "perfect" but they are perfect to me! My kids take most of these pictures of themselves and eachother, the pictures on my i phone are some of my favorites!










3 comments:

  1. Cute pictures!

    Where, oh where did you find that large letter 'M' hiding in the background of one of your pictures? I have been on the hunt for one for a long time!

    Can't wait to hear more from you :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lexi, thanks for the nice comment! The letter M was purchased at JoAnn fabrics, I spray painted it turquoise then just sanded the edges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie,
    I cant wait to read your guest posts! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...