Wednesday, February 9, 2011

valentine express.

Lily came home from school requesting
a "Valentine Box that doesn't look like anybody else's"
After scouring the internet for ideas
This is what we came up with.


Lily's Valentine Express
She was quite pleased.


We used a large kleenex box and a smaller square gift box
-white craft foam for head lights
-metallic black (1 - 12x12 piece) cardstock
-baby pink bassil cardstock (3 - 12x12 pieces)
-argyle scrapbook paper (1 - 12x12 piece)
-10 pink brads
-cardboard for wheels
-red craft foam for windshield wipers
-gray scrap paper for grill
-white cardstock
-pink alphabet stickers

Font used for Valentine "just another font"
Font used for express "scriptina"


If you made a Valentine box, I'd love to see it!

14 comments:

  1. I've been waiting to see what you'd come up with. I knew it would be amazing and it is! I'm so excited for Lily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish Andrew got to make his own box! I would totally copy yours :) adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog and wanted to give you a Stylish Blogger Award. Head over to my blog to find out details on how to accept it and maybe stay for a while :)
    Bobbi Lee
    mytinysweetcheeks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I was so sad when M's teacher e-mailed and told us not to make a Valentine box because they were making them at school. Ours would have been the best one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soo sweet! I want to make one for my girls!
    I created a Free Valentine's Printable over at my blog, come check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! great. Really great creativity. Nothing need for any valentine. over loved ones do like things especially for us, we don't want anything in this world. Lily... you are really very...... lucky.

    French Gifts | Tea Towels

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kleenex box, GENIUS!! I always use shoe boxes, but then I always strees about cutting the hole in the top. Luckily this year we only had to make one. Lily's turned out so cute!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We make Valentine's boxes at school with my students, they end up kind of looking like covered wagons from the Oregon Trail, except with an explosion of pink and purple hearts all over.

    This box is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such an adorable idea! I especially love the straw- windshield wipers! Precious! Would you be willing to link up this idea to my Valentine Link Party going on now? I'd love to have your creativity! Thanks.
    http://michellepaige.blogspot.com/2012/01/rockin-valentine-valentine-link-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This box is AWESOME! My son saw this and decided he HAD to have a similar box for his valentines. He added flames and hearts. But your was totally our inspiration. Here's the one we made. http://notyournormalsteam.wordpress.com/2014/02/08/valentine-box-semi-love/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...